What does your workout do for you? Each of us is endowed with unique body features. Sometimes, we might wish we had more or less of a specific part of our bodies. This article will help you to identify Exercises to get your butt rounded.
The truth is whether small, flat or just the right size; we are constantly looking for the best ways to improve our physical looks.
Maybe, this influenced your current choice of fitness routine.
What’s sexier and hotter than setting a workout target to get more rounded butts?
Having a workout goal keeps you motivated. You also get a sense of fulfillment when those fitness goals move from dreams to reality!
Think about this one more time; why did you choose your current fitness routine?
Ladies, maybe you want to enhance your curvy hips without having any side effects. The festive season is almost here. Who wants to attend the festive events without turning heads? Start visiting the gym and consider trying these butt-specific exercises for the best results.
Read this article to learn more about exercises that can help you get a well-rounded butt.
Here are some butt-specific exercises you can do for the best results:
1. Balancing squats
Balancing squats is one of the most efficient exercises that help build the muscles of the hips, buttocks, and thighs. Guess what, if you’re looking to strengthen your legs and feet, this exercise can help too. It also helps to burn fat in the hips and thighs. The pumping of body fluids is also enhanced when you balance squats. That’s not all. Keep your thighs, hips active all the time by doing more balancing squat exercise.
Here’s how you can do the balancing squat exercise:
- Stand upright with your feet opened wider than hip-width opened.
- Keep a neutral spine, and your chest lifted, bend into a deeper squat, trying to touch the floor.
- Press up while reaching the floor, shift your weight into your right leg as you lower your left knee, and grab onto your shin with your left hand.
- Keep the hip workout for 1 count, release your leg. Do it repeatedly.
2. Barbell glute bridges
Many fitness enthusiasts also refer to the bridge workout as the ‘hip raise.’ The barbell glute bridge will get your butt rounded and toned. Just like its name, this exercise is good for strengthening the glutes and the posterior chain. The calf muscles and hamstrings are part of the main muscles that make up the posterior chain.
If you’ve been looking for a less energy-intensive exercise that can help improve your posture, start doing the bridge exercise.
Here’s how you can do the bridge exercise:
- Firstly, you would have to lie on the floor. Maintain your back straight, bend your knees at a 90-degree angle. Let your feet be flat on the floor.
- Maintain your arms at your sides with your palms flat on the floor.
- Inhale and push through your heels. Raise hips pressing your glutes, hamstrings, and your pelvic floor.
Relax your upper body and shoulders on the floor, making a straight line down to your knees.
- Have a break of about 3 to 5 seconds at the top and relax in your starting posture.
exercises to get your butt rounded and toned
3. Squats kicks
This is a cardio movement. The squat sidekick is a dynamic variation of the bodyweight squat with an additional lateral movement. You can add this exercise to your warm-up, cardio, or lower body workout.
Consider following these steps for best results from squat kicks:
- Spread your feet wider than shoulder-width spread and arms lowered out in front of you.
- Shallow squat, pressing your hip and butt back, till your thighs are collateral to the floor.
- While rising, kick your right foot out to the side as high as it will go thick kickboxing.
- Do squat when the right foot comes back to the ground.
- Continue the cycle for a while.
4. Sumo squat
One of the exercises that empower the quadriceps is the sumo squat. Just like the barbell glute bridges, doing the sumo squats also strengthens the gluteus muscles, hips, hamstrings, and calves. For extra force on inner thighs and abductors, do the sumo squats.
This is how to do the sumo squat:
- Be upright while standing, with your feet, widened than the hip-width spread. Allow yourself a few feet and stand wide without over spreading your feet.
- Put a glider under 1 foot.
- Position the toes out and away from the center of your body in a flexible and natural position.
- Lower your squats, bend the knees, and the hips, pressing your glutes at the lowest of the move.
- Remember to maintain your back in a neutral and extended posture, drawing your tailbone straight to the floor.
- While at the bottom, return to your standing posture but drag your left heel toward the center of your heels jointly.
- Back out with a similar side and lower back into the plie squat posture.
- Begin with 3 sets of 8 on each leg
When you think of the most efficient lower-body exercises, sumo squats must come to mind. You need a dumbbell to make your experience worthwhile with or without going ahead and doing your sumo squats.
Donkey Kick: exercises to get your butt rounded and toned
5. Donkey kick
This kind of exercise enhances stability in the glutes and thighs. It focuses on your gluteus maximus, the largest of the popular three glutes in our body, and the bulky at our booty.
Here’s how to do the donkey kick in simple steps:
- On all floors, specifically on your mat, with your knees hip-width spread, hands below your shoulders, and spine and neck neutral.
- Hold your core and start to raise your left leg. Maintain your knee on the mat, with your palm staying flat and hinging at the hip
- Use your glutes to press your foot directly on the ceiling. Squeeze and press when you reach the top.
- Ensure that your working hip remains pointed toward the ground.
- Relax and do it repeatedly.
6. Yoga and chair pose
Numerous yoga poses to promote hip development. A popular example is the chair pose.
Get the best Yoga and chair pose by following these easy steps:
- Stand upright with your feet together and arms lowered by your sides.
- Maintain your feet stationary, bend your knees, and send your arms straight out. Keep your thighs closer to collateral as they will go.
- Look ahead.
- Maintain your posture for 30 seconds.
Did you know Fitness 1 Gym has got two yoga sessions for you each week?
The first session is from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm every Sunday. You can also join our second session on Mondays between 7 pm and 8 pm.
Sign up today and start growing your glutes.
Below are some yoga poses to incorporate for curvy hips
- Side plank, good for hips because it focuses directly on it.
- Locust poses to enhance the lower back and all three glutes.
- Warrior I, this directly targets a stationary lunge.
7. Split leg squats.
This is an exercise that targets the hips and enhances stability. Like many compound exercises, the split leg squats to strengthen the muscles in the legs. You may need a stool or bench for this exercise.
Here are simple steps to follow for the split leg squats:
- Split your stance and stand lunge-length in front of the bench or stool.
- Comfortably place your left foot on the bench or stool.
- Lunge on your right foot, maintain your chest up, till your left knee almost reaches the ground, and your right thigh is collateral with the ground.
- Come back to your standing posture.
- Do it repeatedly and switch legs.
8. The Russian twist
This workout strengthens and tones the muscles on your sides and burns fat while exercising.
Consider following these steps to do the Russian twist:
- Sit on the mat laid on the floor, with your knees bent and feet flat.
- Form a V shape with your body, between your torso and your thighs at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Be careful and keep a straight spine, position your feet propped under something sturdy or you can feel free to ask Fitness 1 Gym instructors to assist you.
- Lace your fingers out in front of you, then rotate to the right as you can, relax, then reverse to the same posture.
How to get a smaller waist
- Miss low-rise jeans
- Wear body-shaping undergarments
- Wear corsets
- Wear waist-cinching belts
- Ignore carbonate drinks and excess sodium
- Modify your diet
- Eat a healthy breakfast
Eat more fiber
- Consume healthy fats such as avocado
- Wear line dresses
Exercises to get your butt rounded and toned
Your body is yours to keep. This is why you’re in charge of keeping your body nourished and healthy. Have you ever thought of the fact that your body is your main ‘housing’ for as long as you stay alive? So why not feel good in your skin? If there’s something that robs you of your confidence, take practical steps to work on it. Doing these butt-specific exercises is just one of the many things you can do for yourself.
Tell us which of these exercises you are trying out the next time you visit us at Fitness 1 Gym in Accra.
Ariel Nagi, 8 Workouts That Will Give You Sexy Curves, May 15, 2014.
Feminiq, How To Get A Smaller Waist And Bigger Hips, 2020.
The FitGirl, Exercises To Help Maintain That Curvy Figure.
Foxy BlueSky, How To Get A Smaller Waist And Bigger Hips, January 30.
Jessica Smith and Betsy Stephens, 11 Exercises For Strong Hips And Thighs, November 25, 2019.
Katherine Scoleri, Sumo Squat Exercises To Strengthen Your Inner Thighs, December 19, 2016.
Nicole Bowling, CPT, Get Wider Hips With These 12 Exercises, September 29, 2018.
Rachael Schultz, How To Do A Russian Twist The Right Way, January 25, 2019.
Susi May Here’s How To Work And Tone Your Waist, May 10, 2020.