From time to time, everybody needs a little motivation or inspiration to get by, even in our resolve to keep fit. There’ll undoubtedly be times when you don’t feel like keeping up anymore. That’s a perfectly normal feeling considering how fast-paced the world has become, with all the many responsibilities or obligations. You can take a breather and have a rejuvenated come back once you get a much-needed motivation to perk you up.
If you’re trying to hit that gym goal, start your workout and fitness journey, already on it but on the verge of giving up, or you need a few positive words to get you through the impending weeks, we got you. We’ve compiled these 20 great sayings by some very wonderful people from history to present times which can give you the perfect kick-start you need every morning. You’ll find quotes from athletes and sports stars, scientists, entrepreneurs, world leaders, authors, and a host of other great individuals. Take a look:
1.“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
– Michael Jordan, basketball player.
2. “All our dreams can come true if we dare to pursue them.”
– Walt Disney, entrepreneur, writer, and film producer.
3. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
– Paul Coelho, Brazilian novelist; author of The Alchemist.
4. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.”
– Mary Kay Ash, founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics.
5. “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.”
– Kerri Walsh Jennings, professional beach volleyball player.
6. “It doesn’t matter what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s all a matter of discipline.”
– Wilma Rudolph, track and field athlete.
7. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.”
– Og Mandino, American author; author of The Greatest Salesman in the World.
8. Take action; an inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention.”
– Steve Maraboli, author and behavioral scientist.
10. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
– Vidal Sassoon, British hairstylist, and philanthropist.
11. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
– Aristotle, Greek philosopher.
12. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.”
– Stephen Hawking, theoretical physicist, and cosmologist.
13. “Making excuses burns zero calories per hour.”
14. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
– Jim Rohn, entrepreneur, and motivational speaker.
15. “You have to push past your perceived limits, past that point you thought was as far as you can go.”
– Drew Brees, American football quarterback.
16. “If you can’t fly, then run; if you can’t run, then walk; if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.”
– Martin Luther King Jr., African American Baptist minister, and activist.
17. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
- Muhammad Ali, professional boxer and activist.
18. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
– Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher.
19. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.”
– Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States.
20. “Make sure your worst enemy doesn’t live between your own two ears.”
– Laird Hamilton, big-wave surfer; co-inventor of Tow-In Surfing.
21. “To uncover your true potential, you must first find your limits, and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.”
– Picabo Street, Olympic athlete.
A few words of wisdom each day can turn out to be all you need to stimulate healthy and positive vibes and shape your thinking for the better. Take it from Zig Ziglar, who said, “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”
Hopefully, you’ve been inspired by the quotes above, and you’re ready to get back to the gym and your fitness journey with a renewed spirit! Remember, knowing the sayings alone won’t suffice. You have to psych yourself up to imbibe them and take actions to achieve the goals you’ve set.
Bright Drops, 55 Most Inspirational Quotes of All-Time, brightdrops.com
Quincy Seale, 100 Most Inspirational Sports Quotes of All Time, keep inspiring.me
170 Motivational Quotes That Will Make You Thrive (Fast), wisdomquotes.com
Motivational Quotes, brainyquote.com
Inspirational Quotes, brainyquote.com